Are you looking to grow as a professional and to join a young, dynamic and rapidly-growing startup to put in practice all the things you’ve been studying? Are you interested in growing a mobile platform that is revolutionizing the way people make new friends and live unforgettable experiences around the world?
We are looking for 2 Business Development Interns to work part or full time in our team and help us build a solid international partnership base in the countries Groopify is about to conquer. You’ll join a young & fast-growing company made up of 15 people and you’ll have an instrumental role in building a strong database of partner venues all around the world. You’ll get involved in our sales strategy and participate in a very exciting phase of Groopify’s growth roadmap.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct market research in the countries where we'll soon be launching.
• National and international prospection of the coolest venues, bars, restaurants and coffee shops where our user meetups will take place.
• Generating, developing and maintaining a solid pipeline of partners.
• Work closely with the expansion team to present creative solutions and proposals.
• Help with other ad hoc projects and initiatives within the Biz Dev team.
• No professional experience is required. Attitude is way more important than aptitude.
• We are looking for curious and adventurous people, willing to live new experiences, explore new opportunities and grow both personally and professionally.
• Bias towards action and initiative are the key at a startup. Actions speak louder than words!
• Must have great organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• You must be able to thrive in a fast- paced, deadline driven, startup environment.
• Startup DNA. You thrive in the freedom of an entrepreneurial workplace.
• International experience (Erasmus, Exchange programs or simply if you are a travel freak) would be a plus.
• English proficiency is a must.
• Fluent in Spanish (team's mother tongue)
• Knowledge of Portuguese, Chinese or Korean would be extremely valued.
• Immediate Incorporation
• Residence in Madrid
• (We don't make any agreements with universities)
• Paid internship with potential to be hired full-time upon completion of internship.
• Join an intelligent, driven and fast-growing startup that aims to change the world and how we socialize and meet new people offline, in the real world.
• Rockstar team. Sharp, best-in-class & hard-working teammates (with experience on Rocket Internet, Amazon, Merrill Lynch, Banco Santander or Indra) who will have your back and expect you to have theirs.
• Open culture where we value everyone’s opinion. Weekly stand-up sessions to keep everyone on the same page.
• Headquarters in downtown Madrid.
• We take our work very seriously, but love to hang out outside of work and have fun (Did we say we love playing PlayStation after lunch?).
• You’ll be able to learn about every area of the business (from sales, to marketing, operations or product), get a general perspective of how a startup works and have the opportunity to live (and shape) our internationalization process first-hand.