CartoDB is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest and most powerful data mapping engine ever.
The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CartoDB to visualize their data to make better decisions. We have more than 180,000 loving users (growing rapidly) and customers around the world, and have received awesome reviews from key tech and startup media like Techcrunch, GigaOM, and TNW.
We’re looking for an experienced Account Manager for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
We have a strong set of Enterprise clients, ranging from financial institutions to media to non-profits. In this role you will own the relationship between CartoDB and clients, and help our business partners use CartoDB’s Editor and Platform to build new software and data products by providing them with technical know-how, sales and marketing support, and other resources. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications for the CartoDB Marketplace.
This position is based in our Madrid, Spain office. Significant travel is required.
- Manage the post-sale relationship of strategic customers to ensure successful delivery and build our ongoing relationships, including plan and manage projects to achieve the goals as outlined in the project Scope of Work; liaise with Product, DevOps, Sales, and other departments to ensure a smooth on-boarding experience for new clients; and educate and engage key contacts to ensure that customers are getting maximum value from their relationship with CartoDB
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Provide feedback to help inform future decisions in product development
- +3 years of experience in account mangement, inside sales, and/or strategic deal teams, with a track record of exceeding revenue goals and driving successful programs. SaaS / PaaS / cloud-based software sales experience is a big plus.
- A sharp, analytical mind, and a track record of building strong, functional relationships with clients. You are detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, plan, and execute a range of key activities.
- A positive mindset. You’re a self-motivated team player with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision.
- A data-driven approach toward answering complex questions.
- Persistence in exploring and uncovering the business needs of key clients.
- Top-notch communication skills, with the ability to directly convey the value of CartoDB to our clients.
- Excitement and willingness to travel. Experience doing business in multiple countries is essential.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Regular involvement in the mapping and tech communities. We host lots of events and organize code sprints, and last year >80% of our team spoke at - conferences.
- Bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee
Most important we offer the chance to help build a wildly successful company that puts the power of mapping in the hands of basically everyone.