CartoDB is changing how Location Data is analyzed and visualized by building the easiest and most powerful Engine ever.
The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from financial services to transportation to marketing, people around the world are using CartoDB to perform BI with their location data and make better decisions. We have more than 170,000 loving users (growing rapidly) and customers around the world, and have just announced a $23 million Series B round of fundraising.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented engineers with a passion for maps, code, and quality.
This position is based in our Madrid, Spain office.
- Familiarity with SQL and APIs
- Software development experience, with an appreciation of testing, documentation, and optimization; please include your GitHub handle when you apply
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Professional skills regarding giving and receiving feedback about code
- The capacity to incorporate customer feedback directly into our product
- You’re an active contributor to one or more open source projects
- You have experience working with payment services (we use Recurly)
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Regular involvement in the mapping and tech communities. We host lots of events and organize code sprints, and last year >80% of our team spoke at - conferences.
- Bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee
Most important we offer the chance to help build a wildly successful company that puts the power of mapping in the hands of basically everyone.